How do I use the Start & Stop feature on my JustPark app?
1. Find your Space
- Search where you'd like to park or you can type in the location ID as shown on the stickers on the machines
- If your location services are enabled, the app will show you the car parks nearest to you
2. Check your vehicle & rate
- The vehicle you used most recently will show up as the default option, if you haven’t used JustPark before or are using a different vehicle then you will have the opportunity to add your vehicle here. It's your responsibility to ensure that you have paid for the correct vehicle
- The current parking rate and the minimum amount will be shown along with the maximum length of parking allowed
- The card you are using to pay will also be shown, you can add a new card by selecting ‘change’
- Once you've checked all the details are correct, just click on the 'Tap to start parking' button
- If you accidentally pick the wrong location or start your session, you can stop within the first minute and not be charged
- You can change your vehicle within the first five minutes, after this, you'll need to stop the booking and start again with the correct registration
4. During and Ending your Booking
- You'll see the timer and total pricing increasing by the minute
- When you're ready to finish, just slide to stop and your payment will be taken
Questions about payment?
JustPark will bill you at the end of your booking when you slide across to stop parking. We don’t offer monthly payments or invoicing for this.
We take an initial charge at the start of your booking, this is to check that we can charge your card later.
Your bank will reserve this amount until JustPark instructs them to release the funds.
We do this immediately after you end your session.
Your bank then releases the held funds back to you, minus the parking charge. The can take 3-5 working days depending on who you bank with.
Good to know:
JustPark only ever receives the funds for the parking charge, once you have ended the session.
The pre-authorised 'held' amount actually never leaves your bank account - it is just unavailable for you to use until your parking session is ended.
Any amount due for parking is taken from the held amount and the remainder released.